Draftees who will study abroad or are foreign nationals, please
apply for an exit permit from your local service center to the
National Immigration Agency.
※Draftees who study aboard shouldn't apply studying
aboard from Immigration Agency without related
documents.Besides,draftees apply exit permit for
short-term,please address certificates to the District Affairs
Office of Registered Residence to modify the identity (within
4 months after approving) to maintain the rights and interests
※You are draftees who have been autherized to exit by the following rules.
Please enclose with approved documents and apply for the departure stamp from your county (city) government.
In the period of draftees who are approved for exit, this system would not offer any other applications for short-term exit permission .
Please visit our website (https://www.ris.gov.tw/military-abroadStudy/app/AbStudy/notice), print out Notification of Exit Permission
for Men of Conscription Age, and submit it with a valid passport for the customs.
- Draftees on the grounds of studying courses with a BA, MA or PHD degree granted under cooperation between domestic and foreign universities.
- Draftees on behalf of our country to participate mathematical Olympia competition or US International Science and Engineering Fair that earned the first prize or gold award and are recommended by the Ministry of Education to study abroad.
- Draftees who are recommended and sent to go aboard for studying or training.
- Draftees who are not students that have applied for going aboard on behalf of our country to give a performance or attend a competition.
- You are draftees who apply for Short-term exit permission, and later you are authorized to change the reason to study abroad.